My name is Lucrecia, and I’m a Family and Baby Photographer based in Amsterdam.
I chose documentary photography not only because I prefer authentic, genuine, funnier, or wilder… it’s also because I struggled with my own image as a woman and as a mom during most of my life and now I want to show people that real is absolutely beautiful.
I’m committed to creating images that tell stories, not only for my actual clients but also for their children and grandchildren.
If you are like me, tired of the pressure for being smiling and posing every day, hiding that being a parent sometimes is exhausting, and if respect and empathy are in your list of values, we definitely should have a beer or coffee together.
• I’m from Argentina: that means I talk a lot (we just can’t synthesize), Spanish is my first language and I prefer beer to wine.
• I want to photograph real life because I realize that time just flies and that it’s the only thing we can’t get back.
• I’m a Feminist and Human Rights devoted.
• I have 2 daughters, the first one was born when I was 16. I wanted to have a natural birth but both times doctors decided a c-section. Both times it was unnecessary and it’s been very hard for me to deal with it.
• My biggest fear is to die and that my youngest girl forgets about me.
• I’m still breastfeeding my 3 year old. We also co-sleep with her and I love it.
• I love music. I can’t edit photos without music. And I also find it hard to write in complete silence.
• I cry with movies. My favorite one is Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.
• I hate my wide front. But it reminds me of my mom so I’m starting to like it.
• I also hate racism in all its forms. I hate it with all my soul. And I recognize I’m a white privileged woman living in occident.
• I feel amazed by simple things. This item alone could be a long post so I’ll just leave it here.
• I’m listening ‘Comptine d’Un Autre Été’ while writing this.