My name is Lucrecia, and I’m a Family and Baby Photographer based in Amsterdam.
I chose documentary photography not only because I prefer authentic, genuine, funnier, or wilder… it’s also because I struggled with my own image as a woman and as a mom during most of my life and now I want to show people that real is absolutely beautiful.
I’m committed to creating images that tell stories, not only for my actual clients but also for their children and grandchildren.
If you are like me, tired of the pressure for being smiling and posing every day, hiding that being a parent sometimes is exhausting, and if respect and empathy are in your list of values, we definitely should have a beer or coffee together.
I am a mom of two. The first one was born when I was 16. The second one, when I was 31.
Having two daughters in such different moments of my life gave me a lot to learn from. Upon of all, I learned about myself: my fears, my own limits. But also, I learned that I’m capable of developing much more love than I thought I could feel, I am wiser than I believed and more resilient than I ever dreamed that I could be.
One important thing I learned during this journey is that being a parent involves tones of patience, creativity, time and strenght.
We have the huge responsibility of raising good human beings and the actual truth is: we learn to do it while we do it.
Parenthood involves choices, having to decide what’s the best for someone else.
It involves watching in awe how time just flies and wanting to absorb it all before it becomes something from the past.
But nothing, and I mean nothing, fills our soul more than hearing our children laugh.
I am a cat person.
I cry with movies. My favorite is Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.
Music helps me to be more productive (especially while blogging)
I love nature and could spend hours walking in the forest completely unplugged.
One of my favorite things in the world is the sound of the sea.
• I’m a Feminist and Human Rights devoted.
• I hate racism in all its forms. I hate it with all my soul. And I recognize I’m a white privileged woman living in occident.
• I believe in respectful parenting. But my daughters eat chips and watch tv. Some days I feel guilty about it. But some days I just forgive myself and eat chips with them.
• I breastfed my little one until she was 3,5 years old. I am pro breastfeeding (which by no means implicates that I’m against to bottle-feeding moms)
• I don’t drink wine, but I love a good beer.
• I’m from Argentina and as a proper Argentinian person I talk a lot… but I don’t like being late (well, my husband could argue this a bit).
• And of course, Spanish is my first language.
• I’m trying to stop eating meat. It’s being harder than I thought but I’m getting there.
• I’m a morning person. I fall asleep pretty early for a 35 years old.
• My favorite chocolate has hazelnut in it.
• My favorite band is Radiohead.
• When I got married we entered the room while they’re playing Pink Floyd’s “Wish you were here”. As soon as we kissed, they started playing “I got the whole wide world”.
And I’m proud of it.